Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thumb-Print Self-Esteem Cards

     

We have one child struggling with self esteem issues.  I was pondering one morning what I needed to do and came up with the idea of making mini-cards to have on hand to leave little notes to my kids.  I remembered seeing a cute thumb print and finger print book at our local children's book store and looked up some images.  I need these to be small, easy to make quickly, and cheap.  Here's the first 5 types I made.  I am ordering the book (out of stock in town) and will make some more when I get the book in.  They were SO MUCH FUN to make!



This last card I made with some little stamps I found while searching for whatever ink pads I happened to have on hand.  I used glitter pens to accent the details on most cards and a stamped saying just because I had the stamps out (with the ink pads) and it was easier than printing.  

1 comment:

  1. way cute cards. love the thumb prints, great idea. it almost makes me want to be the scrapbooking, card-making type. but i'll leave that to you two and stick to baked goods.

    ReplyDelete