Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cupcake punch and birthday cards.



I saw this cupcake punch at Walmart (it's a Martha Stewart brand) and my mind started going with all the fun things you could do with it.  I plan on making mini tags with it too and will post pictures of those later.  I had so much fun making some birthday cards!  Here's a couple of them.



I just cut a little stick of paper and put a sparkle gem on the top for the candle.  The sparkle gems were also at Walmart and come in strips and I just cut apart the strips.  I ran the paper for the cupcake wrapper through my crimper and then just had paper in the bottom part when I used the punch.  I tried punching real cupcake wrappers and it was hard to get it looking good.

Here are two cards Suzy gave me.  I love the chord on the top one.






This card is a great example of using a large circle punch, the star/flower punch, and just cutting a triangle by hand.  My sister prints her fonts out from the computer instead of buying rub-ons.  She has found great fonts for free or minimal price.



No comments:

Post a Comment