Monday, April 5, 2010

Butterflies

March's Card Exchange was a "Birthday" theme.

I decided to get some use out of my new butterfly punch.  The paper is from the "Pebbles" brand "Lil' Miss Collection."




I used a hot glue gun to attach the butterflies.  I folded the butterflies in half and then applied hot glue to the back of the fold.  The hot glue gave the butterflies some dimension in the wings and held them on the card really well. 

A friend gave me the idea to use jewelry "jump-rings" to attach a saying to a card.
I printed several little "Birthday Wishes!" sayings, made them into a tag with a small 1/8" hole.  I then slid a jump-ring into the hole and closed the ring with some pliers. 

I attached the jump-ring to the card at the knot in the ribbon.

















Below is another Butterfly Birthday card that I made a couple months ago.  To be honest, it took longer to make than I expected.  The next time I try this one, I'll only do one punch per butterfly because I don't think the extra punch under each butterfly makes that much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment