Monday, March 30, 2009

My favorite punch

The 1 1/2 inch circle punch was the first punch I ever bought. I have used the punch for a million things including school projects for the kids. It has been one of my best investments. Highly recommended!

A lot of these cards that I'm posting use the circle punch along with another punch, but my point is that it is very versatile.

This was an invitation for a pumpkin carving contest. I stole the saying/poem from somewhere online. I also have to admit that I didn't come up with the idea of using 3 circles to make a pumpkin on my own -- but the face and stem idea was original. The shading on the edges was done with one of those little cats-eye ink pads.


I wish I could claim the idea of making a baby buggy from a circle. I saw a similar one in the Paper Crafts Gallery and fell in love with it. It is the most adorable thing ever! The wire can be found in the jewelry section of a craft store (make sure it is the very pliable kind). Stick the wire to the buggy and card with Glue Dots.


This was one of my first cards I made when I gave up on stamping (not really my thing). I'm almost positive I stole the baby idea from a post online or from a card in a magazine. The ears are done with just a regular hole-punch, and the hair with a swirl punch. The baby also looks cute if you use thick brown string (like quilting thread), thin hemp, or thin marker to make spikey hair.

This one is not really one of my favorites because my paper-cutter was dull and the edges are sloppy - but I'm posting this because I liked the idea of punching a circle in another shape, and then using vellum for the words.

My little heart punch always seems to work perfect with a circle, as you can see in the next two cards. I also LOVE LOVE pin-stripes. The red/white striped paper by Lasting Impressions has coordinated with so many cards I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment