Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday balloons

I made these cards a LONG time ago - hence the lousy pictures. I made some more updated cards and gave them away before I took pics of them. :( Oh well. When I make some more I'll post them...

Since I made these cards, it has become difficult to find the colored craft wire. (You want wire that is very pliable, by the way) I have found some silver wire (coated with plastic) that works pretty well in the jewelry section of craft stores. I'd love to find other colors besides silver and gold, so if anyone has any luck somewhere else, let me know.

To curl the wire, I use a small bamboo skewer stick.
The balloon and wire stay secure on the card with a large glue dot. A mini glue dot holds the ribbon down on the first two cards. Glue dots are the only thing I use for attaching wire since they are so strong and permanent.
I used the "Penguin Attack" font that was free on dafont.com (I can get it for you if you ask)



No comments:

Post a Comment