Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mom Card

I made this card for my most recent card swap - theme=Mother's Day.

I had some new button brads burning a hole in my pocket, and decided I'd use them for flower centers.



The paper was mostly "Lasting Impressions" brand.

Some tips on making the card:

1- To save money, make a white card out of cardstock. Use patterned paper for the FRONT ONLY of the card by cutting it to 5.5" x 4.25" and gluing it to the front of your card. If you are using a glue-stick, put the glue on both the card surface and patterned paper surface (this creates a stronger hold so the card won't fall apart when it dries).

2- The light-green side strip of the card is 1.75" x 4.25". Attach the flowers to the strip before gluing it down on the card (see below).



3- Use a glue-runner to attach the ribbon to the card. Since it is hard to run a perfectly straight line of glue-runner on the card where you'd like it, I've found that the following method works the best:

First, run about 2 inches of glue along the ribbon, starting from the position you see in the picture below. (Don't cut the ribbon to the correct size until it is glued onto the card).

Position the ribbon on the card, leaving the ends unglued.
Put some glue runner on the card at the edges (where the ribbon will meet the edge - see below), and then press the remaining ribbon onto the card. Trim the ribbon after it is completely fastened to the card.


4- I used the free "Candy Randy" Font from dafont.com. This card would also work for a baby girl "BABY" or for a generic card. "For You"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzy! I just discovered this blog. I like it! I would love to get into card making someday. For now, I like seeing your ideas. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Mom's card! I think I'll try it with something else besides Mom. Great job!

    ReplyDelete